[nycphp-talk] Preventing spam with php mail function

Halter, Shari SHalter at ThorntonTomasetti.com
Thu Feb 23 10:02:13 EST 2006

I have just joined this mailing list, and hope to attend the next meeting on
Tuesday.  I hope this question is not too rudimentary for this group.

Is there a widely-accepted solution to prevent spammers from exploiting the
php mail function (as forwarded from HTML forms, for instance)?  I have seen
several out there, but is there any particular approach that is considered
best?  The less elaborate, the better --I don't really need Pentagon level
security-- but right now there is nothing and the site owners are getting
swamped with spam.

I would appreciate any quick pointers you could offer.

Shari Halter

We've Moved!

Our new address is 51 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010.
Our telephone and fax numbers remain the same.

Shari L. Halter
Web Programmer
Thornton Tomasetti
51 Madison Avenue
New York, NY  10010
T 917.661.7800  F 917.661.7801
D 917.661.7970
SHalter at ThorntonTomasetti.com

The information in this email and any attachments may contain
confidential information that is intended solely for the
attention and use of the named addressee(s).  This message or
any part thereof must not be disclosed, copied, distributed or
retained by any person without authorization from the addressee.
If you are not the intended addressee, please notify the sender
immediately, and delete this message.