[nycphp-talk] Building trees

Brian O'Connor gatzby3jr at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 10:56:25 EDT 2006

It's not that people wouldn't be vieweing them more, its that I don't think
the depth of the tree would be enough to warrant sacrifice in adding /
moving.  I can't see many users going past 3 - 4 levels of depth, but I want
them to be able to, which is why I don't just denormalize it.

The current query is very similar to the Dan suggested ( with some obvious
changes for my structure).

On 7/28/06, Allen Shaw <ashaw at polymerdb.org> wrote:

> An important question, then, is how much the structure will change vs.
> how much it will be read.  As with many things, you save with one but
> pay more for the other, and you have to decide where to cut your losses.
>   Only you know the answer, of course, but it seems like people wouldn't
> be changing 'events' as much as they'd be reading about them, no?
>
> - Allen
>
> Brian O'Connor wrote:
> > I'm using mysql (sorry, should have posted it on that list instead of
> talk).
> >
> > I looked into the NSM, however my fear is the insert / update time.  The
> > site is based on flexibility of being able to change your 'events'.
> >
> > I'm still weighing the pros and cons of each method.
> >
> > Thanks for all the input, its greatly appreciated.
> >
> > - Brian
>

> --
> Allen Shaw
> Polymer (http://polymerdb.org)