[nycphp-talk] CakePHP bakeoff (Was: CakePHP: what do you think ?)

Mark Withington mwithington at PLMresearch.com
Mon Jul 31 13:56:04 EDT 2006

Sounds like a plan Kenneth, contact me off-line and I can hook you up with
the fellow who's going to moderate the panel.

mark.withington at BostonPHP.org <mailto:mark.withington at BostonPHP.org>

--------------------------
Mark L. Withington
PLMresearch
v: 508-746-2383
m: 508-801-0181
Skype: 508-570-2285
AIM/MSN/Skype: PLMresearch
Yahoo:  PLMresearch2000

-----Original Message-----
From: talk-bounces at lists.nyphp.org [mailto:talk-bounces at lists.nyphp.org] On
Behalf Of Kenneth Downs
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 12:32 PM
To: NYPHP Talk
Subject: Re: [nycphp-talk] CakePHP bakeoff (Was: CakePHP: what do you think?)

Mark Withington wrote:

If anyone if planning to be in Boston the evening of Thursday, October 5th

06 (yah, I know it's a long shot) we're going to do a PHP framework bake off

with Cake (and one of the core devs), Zend, Horde, etc.

This might be fun.  I've got relatives in New Bedford and that's my
birthday, so perhaps the wife and I can make a weekend of it.

But I have an ulterior motive.  I would like to sit in back and use my own
framework to develop the same app that the "bake off" is cooking, then
compare.  Hopefully I could pick up a few things from Cake and perhaps
they'd pick up a few from me, no?

More info here:

http://www.bostonphp.org/component/option,com_gigcal/task,details/gigcal_gig
<http://www.bostonphp.org/component/option,com_gigcal/task,details/gigcal_gi
g>

s_id,20/

Everyone is welcome.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark L. Withington

Benevolent Dictator and acting President

BostonPHP.org

"supporting the PHP/OSS community"

PO Box 1354

Plymouth, MA  02362