[nycphp-talk] Why the light has gone out on LAMP

Andrew Kamm akamm at demicooper.com
Tue Jun 6 11:20:03 EDT 2006

>that cannot write 2 consecutive lines of good code without using a wizard.

That is so true it that I can¹t help but +1 it. Admittedly, older versions
of MySQL aren¹t as rich in features as other databases, but most users
understand the concept of 'keys' and normalization because they had to do
some work to set it up rather than use a wizard.

I've had M$SQL users give me the eye roll when they hear that I work in
MySQL, then after reviewing their work I find that they haven't even
normalized their database, made use of foreign keys, indexes or anything
else that would make their 'database' something more then a glorified
spreadsheet.

--
Andrew Kamm