[nycphp-talk] Why the light has gone out on LAMP

Wed Jun 7 15:42:43 EDT 2006

On 6/7/06, Anthony Papillion <papillion at gmail.com> wrote:
> You know, I've never understood the "real programmers" "real
> languages" "real databases" debate thing. If a technology meets your
> needs, does what you want, and makes you more marketable because you
> acquire skills that are in demand, *who cares* what idiots like this
> think?

I think this has been fueled (not created) by the boom which someone
convinced the masses that anyone who could throw together some table
tags was a "programmer".  Since then there are some who have tried to
demonstrate what "real" programmers use vs what the posers use...
Personally, I'd hire Bob Villa with a pair of rocks over myself with
an entire workshop any day.

During most of the 90's, my mother worked at a community college in
the Midwest.  I'll never forget the day ('98 or '99) that I met their
"web developer" who proceded to ask how she could include images in
her webpage...

kc

--
D. Keith Casey Jr.
CEO, CaseySoftware, LLC

2006 DC PHP Conference: "PHP In The Federal Enterprise and the World"
- http://dcphpconference.com/