[nycphp-talk] Working with PDF

Andrew Kamm akamm at demicooper.com
Fri Jun 9 14:13:59 EDT 2006

> Have folks used FPDF?  Would you recommend it?

I've used FPDF for a few large clients and have been very pleased with it (I
recommend it). Our use involved pulling text from a database and dropping in
images. One of them we did at a high resolution (the client wanted it to
match a print piece we did, but with dynamic content).

The positioning and layout is done differently than HTML (you can't just
print a webpage), but once you get the hang of it, it's fine.

It's picky about image formats too, but not a big deal as long as the other
folks contributing content know what formats are allowed.

Haven't used PDFLib.

HTH,
Andy

--