[nycphp-talk] php for mailing list app?

Donald J Organ IV dorgan at optonline.net
Mon Jun 26 13:51:34 EDT 2006

have the script update a field in the database for the percentage complete.

I wrote an entire backup system using php and a cron'ed script that runs
every minute, but depending on how fast your client wants these messages
to go out would depend on how often you run the script.

Now running the script every minute isnt really a big load on the
database because most of the time its not returning anything.  So if the
database is index correctly, this will have no effect on the system.