[nycphp-talk] Need help with Updating data in MySQL

Karl Brian Dano karl_niarb at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 30 20:30:46 EDT 2006

Oh, great! :D Thanks! :D So basically, you just put <field>+<the value?> after the SET? Alright, thanks again! :D

Subson Mittal <subson at gmail.com> wrote: Hello Karl,

 you can write the query in mysql

 update table <table name> set number = number+50 where <where condition >

 Thanks
 Subson

On 6/30/06, Karl Brian Dano <karl_niarb at yahoo.com> wrote: Hello Everyone,

I need help with updating an existing data in MySQL through PHP. I want to add a certain amount to an already existing data in a field. For example, in a field called "numbers", in that record, there's already a value of "500". I want to know how I can add "50" to that record so that it becomes "550".

Help will be greatly appreciated.

New York PHP Conference and Expo 2006
http://www.nyphpcon.com
Show Your Participation in New York PHP