[nycphp-talk] Tracking sendmail usage by PHP?

Ajai Khattri ajai at bitblit.net
Fri Mar 17 15:04:07 EST 2006

To track web server abuse, I need a way of logging what script used
sendmail to send out an email. I wrote a wrapper for sendmail in Perl
and it works fine for tracking CGI scripts, but I suspect it doesn't
work for PHP since I see empty log entries in my logs.

So, how does PHP actually use sendmail?

Are there any environment variables I can log?

I basically need to know what script is sending out emails - maybe there
is a better way of doing this that works for PHP *and* other scripting
languages (perl)?

Grateful for any ideas