[nycphp-talk] [OT] Re: Your Future PHP Application GUIs

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Fri Mar 17 14:02:25 EST 2006

A good strong dose of skepticism is very healthy in this case.

 I use PHP because it is fast and stays close to the edge of development
in the world of web apps including interfaces. AJAX is a buzzword...
it's new, it's often flaky, and compared to total need for user
intefaces it doesn't apply to the vast majority of cases.

That is not to say it isn't important. I'm just saying it isn't "the
answer" yet, and it is very, very young. Sure any new Windows shell is
important to all application developers, but not because of some hook
between AJAX-y screens and PHP.

Of course this part is very funny (from that website):
"evangelists are NOT marketing"

That statement caused me to choke on my probably-too-hot-to-be-drunk
coffee. After all this is Vista promo week.. do we need to clutter up
the PHP talk list too?

-1 , marked OT

-=john andrews
http://www.seo-fun.com