[nycphp-talk] Mysql Client Version Wrong.

Peter Sawczynec ps at pswebcode.com
Fri Mar 31 13:54:05 EST 2006

This one hit kept me up once awhile ago, so just to clarify quickly:
MySQL prior to 4.1 was using a smaller encryption on the password field
inside the database.

So when you run the query:
SET PASSWORD FOR root @ localhost = OLD_PASSWORD('root_current_pwd');
... now root's pwd is saved the older way.

Additionally, if you look further you can startup MysQL with a switch to
make the entire db
use the old password encryption style.

peter