[nycphp-talk] LDAP for web authorization?

Randal Rust randalrust at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 09:44:10 EST 2006

On 11/2/06, Tim Sailer <sailer at bnl.gov> wrote:

> I have some crufty old PHP code I slammed together in a few hours
> about 4-5 years ago that will show how to manipulate the attributes
> for mail aliases,

I am in the middle of a project where the client uses LDAP not only as
a authentication tool, but also as a data store. My understanding is
that LDAP is not supposed to be used as a data store that is
frequently updated. Am I correct?

It currently manages the data for something like 2,000 library
systems, including contact information, addresses, employees, branches
and departments.

--
Randal Rust
R.Squared Communications