[nycphp-talk] [OT] live slide-show delivery via browser only

Timothy Boyden tboyden at supercoups.com
Sat Nov 4 14:48:20 EST 2006

Allen,

I've never see a slide show application that does what you want to do short
of a WebEx or Windows NetMeeting presentation.

The rough approach I would take to your problem would be:

1) Create authentication code to determine slide show viewer or presenter

2) Create code to display the current slide as determined by a value in a
flat text file or database

3) Create code to update the flat file or database to set the current slide
(slide control buttons only visible to the presenter)

4) Create code to refresh the slide display page if there is a change in the
flat file or database

Most likely you'd populate an array with the slides in the order you want
them shown and page back and forth through the array with the slide control
buttons.

I'm a Network Administrator that sometimes wears the intermediate web
programmer hat and this would undoubtedly be the simple approach to this
issue. I'm sure there's some AJAX method of doing this in the way that you
describe, but that's beyond my current skill set.

Cheers,

Tim Boyden