[nycphp-talk] So who's using Ajax anway?

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Thu Nov 9 10:15:52 EST 2006

At 7:28 AM -0500 11/9/06, Kenneth Downs wrote:
>Just curious as to who has gotten into Ajax.  Would you say you are
>in light? Deep?  Use it for nothing? Everything?

I've gotten in to Ajax, but would classify myself as a minor user. I
only use it when I want to change something (text or images) without
having to reload the entire page. As such, it helps in the GUI side
of things -- but other than that, I have not had cause to dig much
deeper.

I have also looked into jQuery, which is like Ajax on crack.

http://jquery.com/

Here's a couple of examples:

http://xn--ovg.com/thickbox

http://xn--ovg.com/dragdrop

My only reservation into those type of time investments is WILL the
new <whatever> work across all browsers. I have enough problems just
trying to get css to produce the same result on most browsers let
alone load in a bunch of libraries and hope that they do.

tedd
--
-------