[nycphp-talk] OT: Recommendations for web hosting services withextremely good uptimes?

Peter Sawczynec ps at pswebcode.com
Wed Nov 15 13:13:26 EST 2006

Look at Interland:  www.interland.com aka as www.web.com

Warmest regards,

Peter Sawczynec
Technology Director
PSWebcode
_Design & Interface
_Ecommerce
_Database Management
646.316.3678
ps at pswebcode.com
www.pswebcode.com

-----Original Message-----
From: talk-bounces at lists.nyphp.org [mailto:talk-bounces at lists.nyphp.org] On
Behalf Of David A.Roth
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 10:46 AM
To: talk at lists.nyphp.org
Subject: [nycphp-talk] OT: Recommendations for web hosting services
withextremely good uptimes?

It can have great prices, fast machines with tons of disk space,
wonderful customer service and be totally Linux friendly, but if they
are down 40 minutes or so at random times it isn't acceptable to an
online catalog web site. While a promise of an uptime of 99% sounds
near perfect, 1% downtime can be a lot especially when its at peak
times. I might be expecting too much, and it might cost too much, but I
thought I would post and see if anyone has recommendations and
solutions for web hosting services that have better than what I have
described in uptimes.

Thanks in advance,

David Roth
rothmail at comcast.net