[nycphp-talk] OT: Recommendations for web hosting services with extremely good uptimes?

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Wed Nov 15 14:27:17 EST 2006

Hi,

I host my own server and since CL&P is still running the same grid as
Edison himself put it in, power is on and off quite a bit. I bought to
UPS to compensate for that.
If you don't want to bother with self-hosting, look at places in Western
Europe (e. g. Germany). Power is far more reliable there than anywhere
in the US (OK, except for the goof-up from E.ON recently), host
providers have backup systems, and infrastructure is about as good as it
is here (if not even better), and pricing may even be better when you
look at technology havens such as Ireland.

Just my 2 €...

David K.