[nycphp-talk] DOC to PDF conversion on a LAMP system?

Stephen Musgrave stephen at capellic.com
Fri Oct 6 13:20:54 EDT 2006

I am hoping for some direction here, other efforts have come up
fruitless.  Thanks in advance!

Here's what we need:

We have files on a Unix web server in various formats, the foremost
is Word DOC.  We have a script that runs in PHP that gathers all of
the documents and creates a PDF document stuffs the files in there.
But the problem is that we can't stuff a Word document into a PDF
document without first converting it to a PDF.  What I will need to
be able to do is covert that document via PHP or PHP's command line
capability (presumably using the exec() command).  We will then
return control to our compilation script, pull in the newly converted
file and then we're done.

Thanks,

Stephen Musgrave
*capellic