[nycphp-talk] DOC to PDF conversion on a LAMP system?

Rob Marscher rmarscher at beaffinitive.com
Fri Oct 6 14:16:41 EDT 2006

That sounds like a pain in the ass :-)  Only think I can think of is
having a Windows machine somewhere that your Unix webserver ftp's the
files to.  The Windows machine has a scheduled batch program or
something that periodically checks a folder to see if any doc files are
in there... runs something like this command line program to do the
conversion - <http://www.softinterface.com/Convert-Doc/Convert-Doc.htm>
- and then ftp's the resulting pdf back to your Unix server.  Obviously
not ideal...
-Rob