[nycphp-talk] OT?: HTML question

cliff cliff at pinestream.com
Sat Oct 14 10:03:10 EDT 2006

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 08:57:25 -0400, David Krings wrote
> Yes, but since I have to do a comparison in the target script anyway,
>  what difference does it make if I do a string compare with 'home'
> or 'no place like home'.
>
> Uh! Wait! Phase 6 of my project lists internationalization.....can't

EXACTLY! And never mind internationalization, what happens when Mr. Marketing
tells you 'back' should be 'go back' or 'search' should be 'go'... Do you
really want to change your application logic every time you have to do this?

Another point regarding wrapping the buttons in one form. You may very well
need three forms because each button could potentially require different
hidden variables. A "Button Factory" function that creates a self-contained
button with hidden elements, form action, etc. can be very useful. You just
drop it into the presentation layer...

> How come that you guys know all this? You must read books and attend
> classes 24x7.
You mean the $1,000 worth of books on my bookshelf?