[nycphp-talk] IT Policies

Brian Dailey support at dailytechnology.net
Thu Oct 19 15:27:44 EDT 2006

Another "Ask the NYC PHP Crowd" question...

I've been given the responsibility of developing a policy for a small
(and growing) team of developers. By "policy" I mean defining how
"development" code becomes "live" code. The point is to minimize
problems in the program itself and the database behind it.

How do you balance flexibility with minimizing risk? I've talked to a
few of my fellow developers, and a few of them have talked about the
usefulness of code review. That seems to be good idea, as does
allowing only or two people to place development code on the live side
(less cooks in the kitchen).

Any suggestions on stuff I should think about?

- Brian