[nycphp-talk] Cake v. Symfony [CodeIgniter?]

Daniel Krook krook at us.ibm.com
Fri Sep 8 13:09:03 EDT 2006

Hello,

> Having spent ages looking at all these several months ago, to save
> bandwidth, I have a list:
>
> Symfony
> CakePHP
> Seagull (seagullproject.org)
> Prado
> SolarPHP
> Cerebral Cortex (crtx.org)
> Savant (phpsavant.com)
>
> (My list is bigger but I left out Perl/Python/Ruby frameworks ;-)
>

> --

I'm evaluating CodeIgniter for a brand new project.   It seems to be a
fairly new MVC framework and came recommended by some coworkers.   It
seems to position itself directly against CakePHP and model itself on
Rails.   Can anyone give a thumbs up or down?

http://www.codeigniter.com/user_guide/
http://www.codeigniter.com/forums/viewthread/750/

Daniel Krook, Content Tools Developer
Global Production Services - Tools, ibm.com