[nycphp-talk] CakePHP 1.2 wanted, svn help w/ SSL needed

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Wed Sep 27 11:57:07 EDT 2006

svn co https://svn.cakephp.org/repo/trunk/cake/1.2.x.x/
svn: SSL is not supported

According to some google research, I should compile Subversion against a
version of neon that has SSL enabled. (I think that's the first time I
even heard of neon -- but then I'm a lightweight, what can i say...)

I'm on Fedora 4 and running the svn that came with the distro (i think --
don't remember compiling my own). So... do I really have to do all this
wget whatever.tar.gz/tar -xzf whatever /cd whatever-x.x.x/configure
--with-whatever/make/sudo make install or is there any easier way? Should
I first erase my current svn package via yum?

The goal is simply to get CakePHP 1.2 so this seems like a lot of
hoop-jumping.

Thanks much!

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their
persons, houses, papers, and effects, against
unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be
violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon
probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation,
and particularly describing the place to be
searched, and the persons or things to be seized.