[nycphp-talk] CakePHP 1.2 wanted, svn help w/ SSL needed

Baer, Jon jbaer at VillageVoice.com
Wed Sep 27 12:03:49 EDT 2006

Is OpenSSL installed?  Try yum update openssl then yum update svn ...

If not a simple compile (./configure --with-ssl) will do.

- - Jon

- -----Original Message-----
From: talk-bounces at lists.nyphp.org [mailto:talk-bounces at lists.nyphp.org]
On Behalf Of David Mintz
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 11:57 AM
To: talk at lists.nyphp.org
Subject: [nycphp-talk] CakePHP 1.2 wanted, svn help w/ SSL needed

svn co https://svn.cakephp.org/repo/trunk/cake/1.2.x.x/
svn: SSL is not supported

According to some google research, I should compile Subversion against a
version of neon that has SSL enabled. (I think that's the first time I
even heard of neon -- but then I'm a lightweight, what can i say...)

I'm on Fedora 4 and running the svn that came with the distro (i think
-- don't remember compiling my own). So... do I really have to do all
this wget whatever.tar.gz/tar -xzf whatever /cd whatever-x.x.x/configure
--with-whatever/make/sudo make install or is there any easier way?
Should I first erase my current svn package via yum?

The goal is simply to get CakePHP 1.2 so this seems like a lot of
hoop-jumping.

Thanks much!

- ---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

Amendment IV

supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place
to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.