[nycphp-talk] About Human Readable Variable Names Moving Among PHP, HTML and MySQL

tedd tedd at sperling.com
Wed Sep 27 17:25:02 EDT 2006

At 2:53 PM -0400 9/27/06, David Krings wrote:
>At 11:48 AM 9/27/2006, you wrote:
>>$willGoBakUnderMySteamyPileNow = true;
>>
>>ahh, now there's a variable name!
>
>Why not be consistent and make the"w" be upper case as well
>$WillGoBackUnderMySteamyPileNow = true;

Ahhh, now you touched on another subject, which is how do you name functions?

I've seen code (not that I practice it) where functions names begin
with uppercase whereas variables do not.

Again, it's what makes sense to you, or your team. It's similar to
formatting, which only leads to "Where do you put the brace?"
discussions -- no right, no wrong, just what works for you.

tedd
--
-------