[nycphp-talk] Loading array from file

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Wed Apr 4 10:46:06 EDT 2007

Ben Sgro (ProjectSkyline) wrote:
> Hello,
>

> What about storing the result in a temp table?

There is no SQL or database table involved. I don't see any good reason
to keep static stuff like text strings in a database table. Also, since
I do not know all languages (only two) others will find it much easier
to translate a flat ASCII file than something that is stuck in a table.
I also don't see a point in loading the strings from file, putting them
into a temp table, then use SQL to pull that stuff back out, stick it
into an array, and then use it. Unless accessing a temp table is quicker
than picking an element out of an array by key, but I doubt that is the
case.

David