[nycphp-talk] SQL Full text searcing and storing

Ben Sgro (ProjectSkyline) ben at projectskyline.com
Mon Apr 16 09:21:42 EDT 2007

Hello Again,

Tom: I looked into the software mentioned, but my project
is an application I'm developing on my spare time, so my budget
is small. It does look very good, but a bit too much money at this point.

Ted: The paper you supplied is great, I read it over and understood it
well enough. A good start.

Paul: The information you provided was helpful as well. I printed out
the mySQL full text search page and read it over. mySQL seems to have
everything I need for searching.

Since I'm doing a search of "title" and "body", I believe mySQL can
take me pretty far.

One question I still have is about building/rebuilding the indexes.
Is this done when new fields are added to the database?
Or a routine that needs to be done more often?

Thanks for you help everyone.

- Ben