[nycphp-talk] Copying file from HTTP/FTP using copy()

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Sat Apr 28 15:51:35 EDT 2007

Jon Baer wrote:
> You would probably be better off using the libcurl commands ...
>
> http://us.php.net/curl
>
> As getinfo is one of the better options to get stats on the transfer in
> question ...
>
> http://us.php.net/manual/en/function.curl-getinfo.php
>
> - Jon

Thank you for this hint. I really is the far better way for downloading
files via HTTP/FTP. I had some problems first with setting the right
options, but managed to get this straightened out for allowing redirects
and binary downloads.
And once again I'm sitting here in front of a few lines of PHP code and
can't believe how awesome this is! Now that I got the download portion
done, I will go on for getting the stats.

This is so kewl!

Thanks again,

David