[nycphp-talk] Subscription Billing and Querying account status

Kenneth Downs ken at secdat.com
Mon Apr 30 10:40:27 EDT 2007

That's the whole Payapl IPN system.  Download their demo code and dig
through it and ask questions here.

In a nutshell, when you send somebody to paypal, you populate this array
and call some code the provide to you, which redirects the user to Paypal.

Once the user pays, Paypal makes a POST to your server that contains all
of the  information on the payment.  You have to be able to process this
unseen, as the user doesn't know its happening, and you can't watch it.
My code logs these events with lots of detail at each step so I can
always see what happened on every payment.

Then, when the user is done, they are sent back to your site, and you
need a page for that too, the "Thanks for ordering, we're all done" page.

Ben Sgro (ProjectSkyline) wrote:
> Hello Kenneth,
>
> What is "the paypal success call comes"? - A confirmation email?
>
> - Ben

Kenneth Downs
Secure Data Software, Inc.