[nycphp-talk] Many pages: one script

David Krings ramons at gmx.net
Sun Aug 5 19:45:05 EDT 2007

Elliotte Harold wrote:
> Edward Potter wrote:
>> hmmmm, I have never found this to be a problem.  Using includes, you
>> can pull in .php code from anywhere, even pages with a .php extension
>> may be 99.99% html, with a  just a single include('foo.php') in it.
>> Keeps things super streamlined, and your pages are very readable.
>>

> You've got it backwards. I want one script to service many URLs, not
> many scripts to service one URL.

And that is exactly how Edward described it. You include the one script
into the many URLs you want to make use of the script.
I guess that isn't what you are after, it just reads that way.

The other posts indicate to use a gateway script, something that I
thought about using at some point as well. My home server can be
accessed through different URLs and although it is the same server I
want a php script to pick up the request and redirect to the designated
location. This way my wife can do whatever she wants on her portion and
I can do whatever I want on my portion. Since we don't have time to even
start with a decent web site this is a moot point.

Coming back to what you want to accomplish, maybe defining exactly what
you need and giving some examples may be helpful in reducing confusion.

David