[nycphp-talk] Good Font Size Control

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.com
Thu Aug 9 11:58:35 EDT 2007

For reference I think it refers to the "CSS Reset" methodology ...

http://meyerweb.com/eric/thoughts/2007/05/01/reset-reloaded/

-snip-
font-size:62.5%;
Why? All popular browsers has default font size equal 16px. If we set
font size equal 62.5% then font size is equal 10px at screen (but not
set 10px, IE6 not resize this rule). Now we have 1em = 10px, so
1..1em=11px etc. It is easier way to calculate font size.
-snip-

- Jon