[nycphp-talk] Subversion killed Xampp Apache

Cliff Hirsch cliff at pinestream.com
Wed Aug 15 15:06:03 EDT 2007

On 8/15/07 1:32 PM, "csnyder" <chsnyder at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/15/07, Cliff Hirsch <cliff at pinestream.com> wrote:
>> I installed Subversion and now Xampp Apache no longer starts. Even after
>> uninstalling Subversion. Any ideas other tha reinstalling xampp?
>>
>> Cliff
>
> What does the Apache error log have to say about it?

Chris:

Very interesting. You have a habit of pointing me in the right direction.
The log files haven't changes since the problem appeared, meaning that
Apache never started. BUT...I realize I have never looked at my log files
before and the access log was 35Mbytes! So...what do we do with log files?
How do we flush them? Cron? Probably time to learn a bit about Apache
management...or should I let my ISP worry abut that?

Digging deeper, the Xampp gui console beautifully hides the problem.
Starting Apache from the command line made the problem obvious. I simply
commented out the following lines in the httpf.conf file and everything is
fine now.

#LoadModule dav_svn_module "C:/Program Files/Subversion/bin/mod_dav_svn.so"
#LoadModule authz_svn_module "C:/Program
Files/Subversion/bin/mod_authz_svn.so"

Life is good again.... And next week this Bostonian will code in Amagansett
-- life gets better. Of course, no coding in Amagansett would be even
better.

Cliff