[nycphp-talk] Eliminating namespace conflicts between scripts?

Rob Marscher rmarscher at beaffinitive.com
Thu Aug 16 13:48:52 EDT 2007

On Aug 16, 2007, at 10:18 AM, Cliff Hirsch wrote:
> What about issuing a command line call? Although opening up this
> functionality adds so many security risks.
I was thinking that might be reasonable and avoids the http
connection overhead.  As long as the call is totally controlled by
you and doesn't include user input, I don't see any security risks.
Does the other app need access to your web server environment - aka
$_SERVER?  If so, that would throw out both options and you'd have to
figure out how to rework your app to play nice with it.

FYI, an old version of one of our apps used curl to tickle a mail
queue every 5 minutes and worked fine.

-Rob