[nycphp-talk] [0T] Comcast as ISP -- opinions?

Rob Marscher rmarscher at beaffinitive.com
Tue Aug 21 17:52:00 EDT 2007

On Aug 21, 2007, at 4:03 PM, Anthony Wlodarski wrote:
> Also in regards to your friends server David, I tried to do that
> once with Verizon, they saw the bandwidth traffic and blocked the
> port 80 incoming requests, that’s when I called up and they said I
> was violating my TOS when I decided to host a web server at a
> residential IP address…

Guess it is in there.  "Any type of server" - that's a little harsh.
I guess it's not reasonable for them to list what is acceptable (like
having a svn port open for personal use) because people will find
some loophole for running their illegal file sharing server.

http://www.verizon.net/policies/vzcom/tos_popup.asp
     3.7.5 You may not use the Broadband Service to host any type of
server whether personal or commercial in nature.