[nycphp-talk] [0T] Comcast as ISP -- opinions?

paul at gubavision.com paul at gubavision.com
Wed Aug 22 10:04:44 EDT 2007

I had a home server for quite a while with comcast.  They never
blocked any ports on me since you get a dynamic ip address I would
think that would be hard to do.  I did find myself booted off the
network about once a month and I would have to reset my router to get
back on.  With hosting so affordable it didn't make sense to invest
the time to do it after a while.  To many work arounds to do it and
then keeping up with security issues.  My server was probed constantly
for attacks. It was a good learning experience though.

Paul Guba