[nycphp-talk] Tuning MySQL Full Text Search

Ben Sgro (ProjectSkyLine) ben at projectskyline.com
Wed Aug 22 13:35:33 EDT 2007

Hello Rob,

What I meant is that, something that has the search criteria in the title,
doesn't have more weight than something that does not, and therefor
is possibly showing up lower then another item, when I believe its
more relevant and should be displayed higher.

I'll try to rebuild the index. In order to do so, do I just run the command
that I did to build the
original index, or is there a special syntax/command to do so?

> Also... boolean searches do have an operator (< or >) to increase or
> decrease a word's weight:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/fulltext-boolean.html
Cool. I'll look into that.

Thank,

- Ben

Ben Sgro, Chief Engineer
ProjectSkyLine - Defining New Horizons

Our company: www.projectskyline.com
Our products: www.project-contact.com

This e-mail is confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed.