[nycphp-talk] Frameworks - Which best fits my development style?

Brent Baisley brenttech at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 19:33:49 EDT 2007

I'm in the same boat. Although I just switched jobs, so I don't have
my framework anymore. Some of the frameworks require you to program
to their standards and use the entire framework, like Drupal. I
prefer to use only the pieces I need or the parts that are better
than mine. The Zend framework is designed around that concept, so you
can continue to use your framework and just incorporate pieces of
theirs.
I found a lot of the frameworks are designed around creating/managing
a site. In my case, web sites are just the presentation of various
pieces. The same "piece" can appear on any number of sites. The site
isn't the central point, it's the "piece" that's important. The site
is whatever the creative group comes up with, I just plugin the
pieces. Many of the frameworks don't lend themselves to this type of
setup. Most of my code lives in a centralized directory accessible by
all web sites. Which is why I seem to be settling on Zend.