[nycphp-talk] PEAR CAPTCHA Problems

Ben Sgro (ProjectSkyLine) ben at projectskyline.com
Wed Aug 29 23:07:31 EDT 2007

Hello Mike,

I did a print_r() on the object to see, and the path is correct.
I also did a chmod 777 on the arial.ttf file, plus tried to chown it as well
to apache. Nothing seems to work.

Here is the PEAR code where its failing:

      $this->_imt = new Image_Text(
            $this->_phrase,
            $options
        );

 if (PEAR::isError($this->_imt->init())) {
            $this->_error = PEAR::raiseError('Error initializing Image_Text
(fo\
nt missing?!)');
            return $this->_error;

So, I hacked up the PEAR code to
 if (!PEAR::isError($this->_imt->init())) {

continue in case of an error, and it is generating the colored textbox image
w/lines and circles
drawn on it, just no text.

Hmmm...

- Ben

Hello Ben,

All the captcha scripts that I have worked with either use an explicit
path to the specific font or the font has been in the same folder as
the script that calls it. In your example, the font would need to be
in the same folder as the script that sets up the options array, I
think.

HTH,

Ben Sgro, President
ProjectSkyLine - Defining New Horizons
+1 718.487.9368 (N.Y. Office)

Our company: www.projectskyline.com
Our products: www.project-contact.com

This e-mail is confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed.