[nycphp-talk] Apache fails on startup after reinstalling PHP

Matteo Rinaudo matteo.rinaudo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 22:07:59 EST 2007

Hi again,
Forgot to mention: also make sure you are commenting out all the php
extensions you don't need. Extensions like oci8 or db2 do require a
client installation for these databases in the same machine running
apache/php; if you do not have these db clients, you can get errors
like not found dlls. You might also want to consider installing the
php binaries exploding the tarball and dealing with the installation
manually following the included readme files rather than using (if you
did so) an installer.
Let us know how it goes!

Matteo Rinaudo