[nycphp-talk] xampp and MySQL problems

Michael Southwell michael.southwell at nyphp.com
Mon Dec 24 11:05:31 EST 2007

After a new install of xampp on Windows, I am having trouble getting
MySQL running properly, and therefore also phpMyAdmin. Apache is
looking at port 80, and MySQL at 3306 (according the the xampp control
panel). Localhost works correctly (I can run non-db dependent websites
there). Mytest.exe reports inability to connect to the server on 3306.
phpMyAdmin reports "Cannot start session without errors, please check
errors given in your PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your
PHP installation properly." I don't find any errors in Apache's logs,
and no error notices anywhere else (I may be overlooking some
somewhere).  Can anybody help?