[nycphp-talk] Zend Framework

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Sun Feb 4 16:09:15 EST 2007

Rob Marscher rmarscher-at-beaffinitive.com |nyphp dev/internal group
use| wrote:

> inforequest wrote:
>
>> Phillip B. Roberts philliproberts-at-developersshack.com |nyphp
>> dev/internal group use| wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone been working with the Zend Framework at all?
>>>
>> Yes.
>>
> +1.  I read a couple of the ZF mailing lists too.  I think the
> framework is great... and things are coming together pretty quickly
> with it.  It will hit 1.0 in the spring and by then
> will have a lot of great components.  It's pretty easy to use just
> parts of the framework too if you want to try some components but
> still want to use another framework for other parts like MVC or ORM
> patterns.

I'm not a hard-core PHP programmer but I like the framework because it
seems to be more of an extension to PHP than an all-or-nothing
"development system". Maybe I have commitment issues, but each of the
third-party frameworks seem to me to be "do it our way or don't use our
framework" which I don't like.  Zend fw doesn't feel that way.

For basic web site needs (typical MVC stuff)  it's more than enough and
a very powerful extension of PHP, without much headache 9for me, so
far). Of course when you adopt someone's partially grown child, you will
have to spend some quality time getting to know one another if you want
to enjoy a good relationship.