[nycphp-talk] VERY user friendly php-compatible CMS

Halter, Shari SHalter at ThorntonTomasetti.com
Fri Feb 9 13:33:15 EST 2007

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a VERY user friendly CMS that could be integrated well
with a primarily php/html/mysql site?

I maintain an internal corporate web site that has several departmental
(marketing, accounting, HR, etc.) contributors and the need for archiving,
taxonomy, searching, targeted viewing/editing etc.

The back end of Drupal seems like what we would need. We have been operating
within that for a few months, but the management is very unhappy with the
interface and text editors and won't even consider any capabilities beyond
their immediate interaction with it. What they really want is WYSIWYG, in
place, editing.  They are currently advocating Macromedia Contribute, simply
because of its ease of use; it is a cute little html editor, but I would
hardly call it a CMS. The reality is we will also need to serve single
stories out to different pages, have it be searchable, etc.

Any suggestions?

I am not familiar with Joomla, but I wonder how it would compare at the
front end?

Thanks,
Shari

The information in this email and any attachments may contain
confidential information that is intended solely for the
attention and use of the named addressee(s).  This message or
any part thereof must not be disclosed, copied, distributed or
retained by any person without authorization from the addressee.
If you are not the intended addressee, please notify the sender
immediately, and delete this message.