[nycphp-talk] PHP Report Writer?

Kenneth Downs ken at secdat.com
Fri Feb 16 11:29:39 EST 2007

Nicholas Hart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a web-based report writer.  I am imagining something
> fairly simple that can save report titles, field headings, complex SQL
> and optionally print to HTML or PDF.  Any thoughts welcome.  Thanks!

Andromeda contains a report writer.  However, the world has changed so
much in the last 5 years that only one of my clients even knows what a
report writer is!

Therefore, it does not have the maturity things get when the've been
beat up by the merciless masses.

But, there is some strong basic code for generating either HTML or PDF
versions of things, grouping, totals, etc.  It assumes that it is
reporting from an Andromeda database, but if you don't want to swallow
the pill you can just take out the classes and tie off the references.