[nycphp-talk] seperating files

selyah selyah1 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 13 17:18:04 EST 2007

Hello PHP talk:
I a very new to PHP and need assistance with an issue.  I am creating a script to reads a list of files (mp3's) from a folder and places them into an array to be separated into different genres (rock, allternatives, hiphop, etc).  My issues how do I go about getting the files after they have being read, to be place into the genre per their description. For example :music/instrumental/rock/trackname.mp3.
I found the readdir function which helped a great deal in placing them into the array, I just heed a function that does the second part.  Your help would be very appreciated.  Thank you
selyah