[nycphp-talk] speed problems in OO PHP4

Robyn Overstreet robynover at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 19:33:01 EST 2007

I'm not sure where to start with this one, because I'm so stumped. I'm
working on an application which uses many different class files (a
database class, an abstract object class, and several classes that
inherit from it, etc) and it's running really, really slowly. I've
timed many parts of the code, but still can't isolate the hangups. It
doesn't seem to be the database queries themselves. I thought it might
be the amount of processing it takes to include all the external class
files. I tried using PEAR Cache_Lite, but there seemed to be no
significant speed increase. One strange thing I notice is that the
script appears to continue processing after all elements on the page
are correctly displayed.

Any ideas or strategies for optimization/debugging?

Thanks-
Robyn