[nycphp-talk] Re: CakePHP and HTTP Auth

inforequest 1j0lkq002 at sneakemail.com
Thu Jan 4 13:27:05 EST 2007

Nate Abele nate-at-cakephp.org |nyphp dev/internal group use| wrote:

> <rant>
> You know, I get so sick of people ranting about Open Source projects
> as if the authors somehow owe them something.  We are three people,
> three and a half on a good day.

Wow, thanks for the reminder, Nate.

I don't mean to speak for the guy who criticized the Cake docs, but with
something as good as Cake, I would never have assumed it was 3 people. I
would have imagined a team of contributors from around the world, etc.
I'm pretty sure that when a PHP learner writes to a PHP talk list about
Cake, he's not cognitive about the community being a benevolent handful
of people (might have something to do with the branding of Open Source a
few years ago... it was all about many eyes on code, frequent
contributions from many people, etc).

Anyway nice work 1) contributing an answer inside of 1 hour and 8
minutes and 2) reminding everybody of just how fragile this great PHP
world is.

Everybody can ask themselves: when's the last time you contributed to an
open source effort (such as docs) and isn't it time to contribute some more?

-=john andrews

Your web server traffic log file is the most important source of web business information available. Do you know where your logs are right now? Do you know who else has access to your log files? When they were last archived? Where those archives are? --John Andrews Competitive Webmaster and SEO Blogging at http://www.johnon.com