[nycphp-talk] Re: CakePHP and Documentation

Brian Dailey support at dailytechnology.net
Thu Jan 4 13:39:54 EST 2007

I'll reply to the HTTP auth question in a separate thread...

I'm aware of the Bakery, but thus far I've been unable to use it to find
effectual answers to questions I've had about the project.

I realize you don't "owe" anyone anything, and I apologize that I
perhaps implied that. I realize you're busy fellows and your life
doesn't revolve around Cake.

(Additionally, I'm not complaining about IRC... I'm just saying that
some sort of documentation should be the *first* place I should find
help - IRC should be *last*. You'd probably agree with that yourself.)

That said, I've been using Cake for about a year now, I think, and it's
by far the best php framework I've employed. Period. So kudos to you and
the other two-and-a-half guys. :P My complaint was perhaps mistaken as a
whine, but it's really just me venting frustration. I'm not blaming you,
or any other participant in the Cake team.

"Finally, it's true, we are keenly aware that our documentation could
use a little more work..."

Great, then we agree. :)

In the future, I will attempt to be more aware of areas that I may be
able to contribute to the project.

- Brian