[nycphp-talk] CAKE Ain't Soup!

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.com
Mon Jan 8 08:46:05 EST 2007

I think that people coming from procedural PHP tend to have a harder
time getting into MVC styled programming.  Especially if a complete
framework is the very next thing they look @ without OO programing.
If you have gone from Java to JSP to Struts to PHP and onto Cake (and
probably @ least checking out what that Ruby on Rails thing is about)
you tend to appreciate it more.  I agree you need to set aside @
least a good day for each part of MVC to understand what you are
getting into, but when something breaks or you have to debug it won't
take long to find.  Nearly every rant I've seen is mainly due to
complete disagreement with the conventions used or is just a complete
bikeshed issue :-)

- Jon