[nycphp-talk] Philosophy of Frameworks (Was: CAKE Ain't Soup!)

Nate Abele nate at cakephp.org
Wed Jan 10 11:33:04 EST 2007

Okay, I need to interject here, because I really don't think that's
what Jeff is saying.  I think Jeff is saying what I'm saying, which
is if you'd like to dig into the source code to help us improve and
expand on our documentation, that would be really *really* helpful.
Also, I really didn't want to get into this in my response to the
original post, because there's really no way I can say this without
being really insulting, but the fact is that I've never encountered
such an utter lack of comprehension in all my time of providing
support for Cake.

The page described in the original post ('but when I attempted to run
it, I get  a "Your database configuration file is not present."') is
the welcome page.  It means that he *already* installed Cake, and
everything worked correctly (which is kind of redundant, since there
is no installation, you just extract the archive to a folder in your
docroot).  This welcome page (and subsequent error pages) spells out
in painfully explicit detail what needs to happen in order for the
situation to be remedied.

- Nate