[nycphp-talk] And the HTML CSS guru is....

Cliff Hirsch cliff at pinestream.com
Thu Jan 11 11:29:58 EST 2007

>>I have to admit though... avoiding using tables for layout can really
>>rack your brain in some situations and take more time to implement.

So what's wrong with tables for layout other than all that "not
semantically correct" religion stuff? It seems to me that both
approaches are essentially flawed as they both require hacks. It's hard
for me to justify css/div religion when the browser client space is
still so screwed up.

And -- get this -- I just read that Outlook 2007 dumped its IE HTML
rendering engine for Word's rendering engine, which will further break a
whole heck of a lot of html emails.

See:
http://www.sitepoint.com/newsletter/viewissue.php?id=3&issue=156&format=
html#5