[nycphp-talk] PHP Certification

Mon Jan 15 11:08:01 EST 2007

On 1/15/07, Joseph Crawford <codebowl at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not sure how it will help you in a full time job.
> On Zend's site they show that there is an increase in pay and better
> chance of getting a job with it which is supposed to be based on the
> statistics of the current certified members.

While there's a correlation here, it doesn't necessarily mean that
there is causation.  From what I have seen, people who are working to
get their ZCE are generally sharp, looking to learn  new skills,
keeping up to date on new development, and active in the community one
way or another.  If I had to put money on it, I'd say that getting
their cert is one way they demonstrate this passion.

Regardless, I've met a number of recruiters around DC specifically
looking for ZCE's, so it's starting to catch on.

kc

--
D. Keith Casey Jr.
CEO, CaseySoftware, LLC